Seedlings are delicate! Don’t leave out in direct sunlight for very long
Label everything otherwise telling the difference between weeds and what you plated becomes tricky
Mulching well is essentaial before you try to grow anything
Apart from good drainage potting mix is important as it doesn’t have any other plants in it (when growing seedlings it is important you have no other competeiion or you are likely to end up watering weeds!
Read the labels on the seeds. I’ve been growing “dwarf beans” – how pathetic.
NEW THINGS I HAVE TRIED
I put in the palm mulch (I mixed it with compost and stacked it up over my beans)
I have worked out a better way of putting compost nto the seedling containers
Used all my seedling containers and planted
Seedlings are all dead – I got them out and left them in the middle of the yard for two days and most of them died!
Tomatoes are taking there time!
Beans are producing beans!
Most of the plants are looking pretty healthy
I worked out what this tray is for!
HOW TO QUICKLY PLANT SEEDLINGS
1. Get seedling containers
2. put in the tray (in pic)
3. Empty potting mix onto containters
4. Remove containers from tray (then repeat with this with as many seedling containers as you need to
5. Water all pots thoroughly
6. Get a thin stick (bit bigger than a cocktail stick
7. make holes for your seeds (it is quicky if you have all your pots lined up and work accross all the pots in one go.
8. drop seeds to try and get them into the holes
9. Get a handfull or two of potting mix and shake it to cover the seeds
10. Viola (this took me about 30 mins for about 20 seedling containers
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
Today gave some of my tomato seedlings to another community gardener