Most vegan body builders I’ve seen on my browse around the internet are not that big. It is a bit hard to compare though as I would expect most vegan bodybuilders wouldn’t take steroids as steroids contain meat products. This guy was the biggest on the video he’s called Andreas Cahling from Sweeden
My diet is almost vegetarian and I am concerned that I may be lacking enough protein and nutrition to keep me strong and healthy.
If you are vegetarian you are more at risk of deficiencies caused by a lack of fats and B12 and can find it hard to put on muscle (because its not a straight forward as just eating a ton of eggs and chicken) the 2 articles below are from vegan bodybuilders.
- http://www.grapplearts.com/Vegan-diet-for-size.htm This link contains sample meal plans
- http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/guides/Vegan%20strength%20Nutrition2.pdf This contains info on bodybuilding for vegans
- http://www.veganstrength.org/articles/vegan-strength-getting-big-and-strong/ A melbourne based organisation that has good advice on eating for strength training
- Vegan Fitness Bulleten Board
- This guy is a 72 year old bodybuilder that is still in shape and vegetarian